Friday, February 11, 2011

Only 10 weeks left in the semester!

As I post this, I can hear all of you groan at the heading for my blog!  Ten weeks left!  That means you have two and one half months to perfect your repertoire, work on your translations/IPA, complete your character studies, and research your composer and poet information.  We are not quite in the "mid-term" slump, but try to motivate yourselves toward greatness.  Listening to those performing on studio today made me "see" even further into the future---I can hear the potential and growth for further success in each voice, and I am sure you can, too! 
Get motivated---listen to some successful classical musicians.  Find the passion in your work.  Remember why you decided to major in music.  Rediscover the joy of expressing yourself through song.
Listen to the following link.  I want to remind all of you that Renee Fleming was a middle school music teacher before she was discovered as a great talent.  This could be you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w3ADto7kDM

Have a lovely weekend, and keep making music!
Your biggest fan,

Dr. H.

No comments:

Post a Comment